To say the digital landscape is what it was 10 years ago would be a complete farce as today, people are phasing out desktop and laptop computers to surf the net and interact with content with their mobile phones and tablets. In addition, digital technology is way cheaper to put up today and the boundaries which existed as to how people interact with content have been broken completely.
Today, content marketing is user-focused so content only succeeds if they deliver exactly what the client wants when they want it and how they want it.
In today’s fast-paced world, video marketing has emerged as one of the most common ways of passing information to potential clients as you can cater to their needs while they are busy doing other things, imagine doing dishes and watching a YouTube video. In this article, we will tell you all you need to know about video marketing and what it is being hailed as the future of content.
WHAT ARE THE NUMBERS SURROUNDING VIDEO MARKETING?
The stats below will help you understand exactly how video marketing has grown in popularity in the past couple of years, according to a recent report by HubSpot:
- In 2019, it is predicted that 80% of all web traffic will go to videos
- Embedding a video into your marketing emails can increase click rates by 200-300%
- Adding videos to a business’s homepage can increase conversion rates by as much as 80%.
- 90% of customers report that watching a product video helps them make purchasing decisions.
- According to a report by YouTube, mobile video consumption increases by 100% every year.
- 64% of customers are more likely to make a purchase after watching a video online
- 87% of online marketers currently use videos as part of their digital marketing strategy
- People spend a third of their time online watching videos
- Video ads account for over 35% of ad spending online
- 59% of company decision makers would watch a video rather than read an article or a blog post.
- According to digital marketing expert James McQuivey, a minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words.
If you are still not sure about using email marketing, below are five smart reasons to start using video marketing:
- VIDEO CONTENT INCREASES BRAND RECALL
One of the major benefits of videos is that they are highly visual and this makes them easier to remember when compared with text-based content. According to HubSpot, 80% of customers remember a video they viewed in the last month. Therefore, this makes it easier for them to remember your brand, resulting in more sales and leads for you. And if they really like your video, they would share it, thereby expanding the reach of your business.
When creating videos, it is critical you don’t abandon your brands’ overall message in the process. So familiar colors, themes, logos, and fonts will help make your video as memorable as possible. These familiar themes should be consistent with what is on your blogs and social media handles.
- VIDEO MARKETING CAN BOOST YOUR SITES SEO
It has been revealed that 65 percent of company decision makers pay a visit to a marketer’s website after viewing a branded video. Also, adding a video to a sites landing page increases conversion by over 80%. Adding videos to your web pages also improve their ranking on search engines thereby increasing the amount of traffic to your site.
- VIDEO CONTENT PERFORMS WELL ON ALL DEVICES
One of the major advantages of having videos as part of your sites marketing strategies is that they are compatible on several devices and browsers. Therefore, it means a business doesn’t lose traffic and can keep its conversion rates impressive. This expands the reach of your business and makes it more client-focused and user-friendly.
- VIDEO MARKETING HELPS STRENGTHEN YOUR BRANDS MESSAGE
With the use of videos in your digital marketing strategy, you have the opportunity to improve your brand’s message and impress your brand on your potential clients. If you are looking to strengthen your brands’ message, one way to do this is with the use of videos, creating an extension beyond simple features like design and branding.
- IT’S EASY FOR VIDEO TO GO VIRAL
92% of persons who watch mobile videos share them with other people, much higher than the share rates of another kind of content. Because of this, embedding videos in your marketing plan enables your content reach a wider audience and possibly, go viral.