Social Media is becoming a bigger part of our lives, but do I really need it for my business? Social Media is an integral part of marketing your brand and your business may suffer without it.
1. Increased brand awareness and loyalty: When you use social media to promote your brand, you have the opportunity to connect with your consumers and establish a trustworthy image. A study published by Convince&Convert found that 53% of Americans who follow brands in social are more loyal to those brands.
2. Increased Website Traffic: Without social media, your website traffic is limited to the people who already know about your brand and consumers searching for key words found on your website. Social Media is a great way to connect with potential consumer and convert them to your brand. Everything you share on social media is an opportunity to link back to your site and increase traffic.
3. Improved Search Engine Rankings: As your brand awareness increases along with your website traffic, you will find yourself in a position where your search engine ranking will go up. Google counts the number of social votes, such as Facebook likes, your site receives. The more social votes, the higher the search engine ranking.
4. Promote Content to Grow your Brand: Social media provides an easy way to reach out to your consumers without being too intrusive. Once a consumer is following your page, you can share content that will go directly into their news feed. This is a great way to get the word out about promotions or new products you have to offer.
5. Social Media can be a Strong Customer Service tool: In an industry that is getting away from face to face interaction, good Customer Service is important as ever. Social Media provides a contact point for your clients to let you know if they have a problem. It is also a good way to reach a large audience in a short period of time if you need to get an important message out.
6. Learn more about your clients: Social media can be a great tool to learn about your clients. Using social media, you can see your client’s opinions and interests to fine tune your marketing. You can also use additional tools to understand the demographics of your following.
7. Targeted advertising: Once you understand your audience, you can target your advertising techniques to certain demographic groups or target certain groups of people. This can ensure your message gets seen by the people who would be most interested.
8. Decreased Advertising Costs: Social Media is a great, cheap way to get your brand out there. Creating an account on most Social Networking sites is free and also has the option for paid advertising. Most Social Networking sites allow you to pay a little bit at a time so that you can better understand what would be best for your business.